A little each payday adds up to a lot of support for the river, community and students!
If you’re looking for a simple, highly-effective way to contribute to FOR, ask your human resources department whether your company offers a workplace giving opportunity!
Some employers offer payroll deduction plans and donation matching. Federal and state employees can contribute through CVC and CFC. Join your co-workers in workplace giving!
How It Works: Opportunities Your Employer May Offer
- This setup allows you to have your gift deducted from your paycheck each pay period. Through payroll deduction, you can afford to be more generous because it spreads your contribution out over a year’s time. Ask your employer if they provide this option.
- Companies may match or support their employees’ contributions through payroll or one-time gifts. If FOR is not listed as a charity of choice, you can designate your gift by writing Friends of the Rappahannock in the designation box at the bottom of your donor form. CFC# 45597
State Employee Giving – CVC
- Find out if your state employer participates in Commonwealth of VA Campaign (CVC) by searching their name in the CVC website HERE
Federal Employee Giving – CFC
- Visit Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) HERE and search Friends of the Rappahannock or use CFC# 45597 to designate FOR as your charity of choice
- CFC is the official workplace giving campaign for giving federal employees and retirees the opportunity to support the causes they care about by giving to their charity (or charities) of choice
Local Government & School Employees – City of Fredericksburg and Counties of Caroline, King George, Spotsylvania, and Stafford
- This Rappahannock United Way campaign is the only opportunity that local government and school employees have to make contributions through the convenience of payroll deduction.
- More information on how to donate can be found HERE. FOR’s charity number is #7752
As a long time, supporter of FOR, it was important incorporate my love of the river into my professional life. The work that FOR does in the head waters, creates, and improves the health of the Rappahannock from the mountains to the sea. Leaving a pristine resource for generations to come.
– Therron Lex ’22, FOR Volunteer & Donor, Dominion Energy