Leave a Legacy for the River: Gift Through Your Will or Estate Plan
By designating a particular asset or percentage of your estate to FOR in your will or trust, they can do even more to protect our river’s health for future generations. Leave a legacy of watershed protection, education, restoration and advocacy for years to come!
How It Works
- Designate a particular asset or a percentage of your estate to FOR by including a bequest provision in your will or revocable trust. You can do this while creating your will or trust, or you can amend an existing one.
- Notify FOR of your commitment, to help plan and ensure your wishes can be fulfilled. This is especially important for; gifts of real estate, business interest or other specialized property and if your bequest is restricted to a designated area or program.
- FOR will receive the gift after your lifetime and apply it to the purpose(s) you specified or other top projects if charitable gift is unrestricted.
How It Benefits You
- Your distribution is fully deductible for federal estate tax purposes, and there is no limit on the deduction your estate can claim.
- Your gift costs you nothing now
- You can change your mind or modify your gift if circumstances change.
- Your gift may provide tax savings or help reduce the tax burden for your heirs.
- Your legacy will be as someone who loves the Rappahannock River, cares for the health of generations to come and inspires action for our river community and planet.
Please talk with us and your lawyer…
As you are drafting your will or trust, contact us at (540)373-3448 or [email protected]. If you want to restrict the use of your bequest, please consult with us to make sure your gift will be distributed properly. Please give us a call and make sure to consult your lawyer for proper verbiage and amending.
FOR’s EIN # is 54-1381671