Are you passionate about environmental stewardship in your local area? Do you want to join a team of like-minded people dedicated to keeping our Rappahannock River and its tributaries clean, beautiful, and accessible? Do you want experience organizing and leading on-the-ground service projects that make measurable impacts on water quality? Friends of the Rappahannock (FOR) is seeking a current or incoming college student or recent graduate with strong organizational abilities and people skills to serve as our Stewardship Intern for summer 2018.
This position is a part time, averaging approximately 15 hours/week. The period of the internship would be from approximately June 18, 2018 to August 17, 2018 (some flexibility of schedule available). Position is based at the FOR headquarters in Fredericksburg.
Qualified candidates may be eligible for a small stipend at the conclusion of the internship to help offset expenses. Students may also be eligible for college or graduate school academic credit at the discretion of their institution.
Application deadline: June 15, 2018
• Organizing volunteer river cleanups and other community action projects
• Performing water quality sampling at local streams
• Facilitating FOR recycling programs
• Representing FOR during public outreach events and educational campaigns
• Other office and field tasks as needed
• Current or incoming student at a 4-year college or university program, or recent graduate
• 3.0 GPA or higher
• Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle
• Passion for environmental stewardship
• Highly organized
• Strong verbal and written communicator
• Willingness to work outdoors, in variable weather conditions, and on weekends
• Experience performing field data collection preferred
Candidates please submit resume and cover letter to Adam Lynch, FOR Restoration Coordinator at email@example.com