Are you passionate about environmental stewardship in your local area? Do you want to join a team of like-minded people dedicated to keeping our Rappahannock River and its tributaries clean, beautiful, and accessible? Do you want experience organizing and leading on-the-ground service projects that improve water quality?
Friends of the Rappahannock (FOR) is seeking one or more Stewardship Interns for summer 2019. This position is a part time, averaging approximately 15 hours/week, and would require regular work on weekends. The period of the internship would be from approximately May to August 2019 (some flexibility of schedule available). Position is based at the FOR headquarters in Fredericksburg.
Compensation: This position is unpaid. However, interns are eligible for a stipend of $250 paid at the conclusion of the internship to help offset expenses. Students may also be eligible for academic credit at the discretion of their institution.
Application: Application will remain open until filled. Email resume and cover letter to Adam Lynch, FOR Restoration Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organizing and executing volunteer river cleanups and other community action projects
- Facilitating FOR recycling programs
- Representing FOR during public outreach events and educational campaigns
- Performing water quality sampling at local streams
- Other office and field tasks as needed
- Current college students, incoming college students, and recent graduates encouraged to apply
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle
- Passion for environmental stewardship
- Willingness to work outdoors, in variable weather conditions, and on weekends
- Highly organized
- Strong communicator