Are you fluent in Spanish and looking to promote clean water and river safety in the Fredericksburg area? Friends of the Rappahannock is seeking a part time candidate to spearhead our Spanish-language outreach and restoration programs during summer 2021. Candidates must be outgoing and passionate about sharing environmental stewardship with a diverse community.
Candidates must be able to perform physical work both outside and in inclement weather. Candidates will be trained in river safety.
Friends of the Rappahannock (FOR) is a 501c3 watershed protection organization based in Fredericksburg, VA. FOR works to be the voice and active force for a healthy and scenic Rappahannock River. We accomplish this through three program pillars – advocacy, restoration and education.
- Outreach to the diverse river community of the Fredericksburg area
- Support for river clean ups and other restoration projects
- Support for interpretive paddling and boat tours on the Rappahannock River
- Fluent in Spanish
- Weekend work required
- Must have valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Must be able to drive work truck and willing to learn how to drive with a trailer
- Must be able to lift 75lbs
- Must be willing to work outside in varying weather conditions
- Outgoing and personable
- Team player
- Passion for environmental protection and conservation
- Can swim and is comfortable with on-water activities
- Have Canoe/Kayak experience
- Have experience with K-12 outdoor education
This is an entry level, part time position. Position term is from May through late August 2021.
Pay rate is $15/hr and approximately 20 hrs/week.
Friends of the Rappahannock is an equal opportunity employer. We are inclusive. We believe diversity drives innovation and are aiming to diversify our operations, community connections, staff, and membership. Candidates from underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply. We are always growing our partnerships and believe it takes a watershed to make a difference.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org a cover letter, resume and references.