Friends of the Rappahannock
Position posted on 5/25/2021
Friends of the Rappahannock (FOR) is a 501c3 watershed protection organization based in Fredericksburg, Virginia. FOR works to be the voice and active force for a healthy and scenic Rappahannock River. We accomplish this through three program pillars – advocacy, restoration and education. FOR is seeking a full time (37.5 hours/week) Development Coordinator to provide strategic initiative and support of fundraising efforts for the organization. The Development Coordinator creates and coordinates programs to increase the organization’s support base among individuals, corporations, charitable foundations, and other sources.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development Coordinator is responsible for locating, identifying, approaching, and soliciting major donors for annual and capital gifts. The Development Coordinator also coordinates major fundraising events. The Development Coordinator will work with all staff to achieve these goals, specifically with a small team of outreach and communications professionals.
The Development Coordinator’s principal charge is to create numerous, efficient, and compelling opportunities for donors to support the organization and to make the experience of giving satisfying and rewarding.
- Work with the Communications Team and Executive Committee to devise and execute the annual fundraising plan
- Direct appreciation communications for all donors
- Serve as fundraising liaison with the organization’s Executive Committee
- Generate queries, reports, exports, and data collections through Watergrass, our CRM software
- Complete Federal, State and Local Workplace Giving Campaign Applications and support any event-based outreach for these
- Support River Stewards in regional fundraising efforts by setting regionally specific goals (short term & long term) and working together to accomplish them.
- Work with Communications Team to execute annual fundraising appeals
Cultivating Major Donors
- Coordinate the major donor program for individuals and corporations focusing on effective use of the moves management approach.
- Build a robust donor base by developing and maintaining key relationships with donors and prospects.
- Work with and expand our list of community partners to effectively utilize their connections to strengthen the major donor program.
- Coordinate with all staff to create informational events to introduce prospective donors to the organization.
- Secure sponsorships and assist in coordinating logistics for all fundraising events – one large event (Riverfest) and multiple small and medium sized events.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 yrs non-profit experience
- Previous fundraising or sales experience
- Established network in the 18 County Rappahannock watershed region
- Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends, as needed
- Google suite/Microsoft Word/Excel proficient
- CRM experience
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Social media experience
- Comfortable speaking in front of small and large groups
- Outgoing and personable
- Team player
- Passion for environmental protection and conservation
- Comfortable with on-water activities
- Experience coordinating events
- Volunteer management
- Competent canoe and kayak skills
Annual salary range is $36,000-40,000 commensurate with experience. FOR offers a flexible work schedule, paid time off, retirement match, option to buy into group health care, pro-deals, and a variety of other work benefits. Anticipated start date early July.
Friends of the Rappahannock is an equal opportunity employer. We are inclusive. We believe diversity drives innovation. We are always growing our partnerships and believe it takes a watershed to make a difference.
This is an entry to mid-level position. Willing to train the right candidate. Please send letter and resume to our Executive Director at [email protected]