Part-time, 15 hrs week – based in Fredericksburg, VA
Friends of the Rappahannock seeks an administrative assistant to serve in a vital support role for all its conservation efforts. Assist a small team of dedicated, passionate employees in completing the organization’s mission to be the voice and active force for the Rappahannock River.
The ideal candidate is detail oriented, has a passion for organization, and is comfortable working in a busy, open office environment. This position is based out of our headquarters office in Fredericksburg, VA and is not a remote position.
- Record financial transactions
- Reconcile bank & credit card accounts
- Record receivables
- Complete disbursements
- Assist staff with financial grant reporting requirements
- Ensure mail is delivered to the USPS each day
- Manage merchandise for sale
- Manage office supplies
- Coordinate utility services and IT functions (e.g., printer, phone system management)
- Coordinate routine office maintenance
- Coordinate fleet vehicle maintenance
- Greet visitors
- Must have valid driver’s license and be able to drive company vehicles
- 2 or more years in a data-entry/bookkeeping position
- Previous non-profit experience preferred
- Experience with Google Suite, Excel, Quickbooks
- Experience with point of sale software
Schedule: 15 hours a week. 3 days a week Tues/Wed/Thurs flexible hours between 9 am-4 pm.
Friends of the Rappahannock is an equal opportunity employer. We are inclusive. We believe diversity drives innovation. We are always growing our partnerships and believe it takes a watershed to make a difference.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com with Administrative Assistant Position in the subject line.