- This event has passed.
Volunteer: Tree Planting Project 11/20
November 20 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pmFree
Join Friends of the Rappahannock to plant native trees!
Native trees are nature’s best defense against stormwater runoff and pollution entering our waterways. We will be planting trees at Sealston Sports Complex to improve habitat and protect water quality.
All volunteers must register below and sign a waiver to participate. This event will be held rain or shine.
We will meet onsite at 9 am to plant trees. We will have shovels, water, and snacks available. Please bring your own work gloves. Volunteers can work as many hours as they are available and may leave earlier if necessary.
Participants should bring:
- Bug Spray and/or Sunscreen
- Water bottle
- Work gloves
- Packed lunch (if able to work a full day)
COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES
- All equipment will be sanitized prior to the event. Equipment will be laid out 6 feet apart before check-in.
- Masks must be worn during check-in. Masks will also need to be worn anytime social distancing is not possible.
- Maintain a distance of 6 feet at all other times.
Please print and bring this waiver with you so you don’t have to sign it during check-in.
Thank you to the King George County Parks and Recreation Department, Virginia Department of Forestry, National Fish and Wildlife Foundation, Arbor Day Foundation, and George Washington Regional Commission for supporting this project.