- This event has passed.
Volunteer Tree Planting in Remington
April 29 @ 9:30 am - 3:00 pm
Join Friends of the Rappahannock and John Marshall Soil & Water Conservation District for a volunteer tree planting in Remington on Thursday, April 29th! The first 20 volunteers for this event will receive a free gift card to Altered Suds in Warrenton! Volunteers will be needed from 9:30 am – 3:00 pm for planting 300 native tree seedlings (scalping, digging holes, planting, and pounding stakes). This is a family friendly event, and volunteers of all ages are welcome! Volunteers under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. This planting is on private property, so the exact address will be provided after sign up.
Planting native trees helps our environment and our community and can:
- Sequester carbon to improve air quality;
- Regulate temperatures in our urban environments;
- Increase property values in our neighborhoods;
- Catch and filter polluted stormwater before it enters our local streams;
- Stabilize soils and stream banks preventing erosion;
- Provide valuable forage and habitat for fish and wildlife.
FOR will provide all of the necessary tools for planting as well as snacks and extra water.
Volunteers should bring:
Thank you to our funders and partners of this project!
This project is made possible thanks to generous grant funding from Altered Suds Brewery, Arbor Day Foundation, Virginia Department of Forestry, and the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation.