Riparian Forest Planting Training with Department of Forestry
November 12 @ 9:00 am - 2:30 pm
This training is being offered at no cost to you.
Learn from professionals with years of experience!
- Techniques used to plant forest buffers that can be applied to the Virginia Total Maximum Daily Load commitment to the Chesapeake Bay restoration efforts.
- Why planting in riparian areas takes a unique skill set than other tree plantings.
- How to select a site and species that will result in a successful riparian planting.
- How the professionals handle seedlings, draw up plans for planting sites
- Little tips that save dollars but don’t compromise results
- Learn outreach words and techniques that speak to landowners’ needs, concerns, and stewardship ethics.
The desired outcomes of the training are:
There will be Master Naturalists and Tree Stewards willing to select planting sites, recruit groups of citizens to help with plantings, and shepherd planting projects from start to finish. You will have the assistance and support of those who have the experience to produce sustainable tree planting projects in riparian areas. All trees, and needed supplies will be supplied and available for plantings.
Register by Nov. 4, by email by to: Judy Okay email@example.com 703-517-3769