- This event has passed.
Interpretive Trail Ride in Fauquier County
April 24, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm$90.00
Join FOR River Steward October Greenfield for an Interpretive Western Trail Ride at the beautiful Marriott Ranch in Linden, VA!
At 1:00PM, there will be a 30 minute educational program about FOR, the Restoration work FOR is doing at Marriott Ranch and the surrounding areas, local ecology and natural history, and opportunities to get involved as a volunteer! At 1:30PM, preparation for the Trail Ride will begin, with mounting scheduled for 2:00PM. The Trail Ride is open to any level of rider. The process is 90 minutes, which includes mounting, instruction, the trail ride and dismount. These rides are ALL WALK ONLY due to the lowest level of rider being beginners. We also want to keep all riders walking when riding in large groups for safety reasons.
All participants will be required to sign a waiver to participate. Please email your completed waiver to October at [email protected] by Friday, April 23rd at 3pm. There will be additional copies available to sign upon arrival.
Marriott Ranch Trail Ride Rules
- ALL riders, age 18 and above, must sign his or her own release form. If you choose to sign one online, you are only permitted to sign a release form for yourself, and if you are a parent, your minor.
- YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO SIGN A RELEASE FORM FOR ANOTHER ADULT. Remember, there are qualifications and restrictions that all riders must read and understand regarding horseback riding, a high-risk activity. This release form is here to ensure that people that choose to ride FULLY disclose their abilities, as well as accept the risks involved with getting on a 1000lb opinionated animal, out in the back-country, away from medical assistance. Please, DO NOT put someone else’s livelihood in your hands by signing a release form for another adult.***
- No dogs are allowed, not in vehicles or at the trail barn, please leave your dogs at home.
- No pregnant mothers, as we do not want to risk you both getting injured due to the many factors that are out of our control, including but not limited to horses having opinions, weather, wild or domesticated animals out on the trails.
- We do not ride double with a parent and a child on one horse since this is considered dangerous.
- All riders must be 10 years of age or older to trail ride, this is an insurance requirement. We respect that you may have a child under age 10 that has prior riding experience from lessons, camps, etc. Unfortunately, his/her experience has nothing to do with our terrain and types of horses and how the insurance establishes the age limit on trails. So please do not ask us to make an exception for your child.
- All riders must be under 240lbs for the safe and humane treatment of our horses and for the safety of our riders, a scale may be used to confirm; horses can comfortably carry 1/4 of their weight, on flat, groomed surfaces, such as landscaped grass or sand arenas. However, our trails are extremely rocky and mountainous, dropping the total lbs carried per horse down by 10lbs. The horses currently owned by The Natural Connection INC are around 1000lbs. Hence, the 240lb weight limit.
- All riders must be “Able-bodied participants,” meaning they are capable of following directions, mounting, steering/riding a horse in accordance with provided directions, and dismounting a horse.
- All riders under age 18 must have a parent provide a signed release form.
- ALL RIDERS are required to wear ASTM certified equestrian helmets, regardless of your age, experience, or dislike for “not looking cool.” Remember, you have one brain and head so we intend to protect it! You are welcome to use a helmet that is provided by the trail barn or you may bring your own!
Semi-Private Trail Rides are available temporarily to replace the Public Trail Ride option until all COVID restrictions are lifted in Virginia. This trail ride can ONLY have a maximum of 8-10 people, with 2 Wranglers. This enables us to guide our guests through our strict hygiene protocol:
- Masks/face barriers are REQUIRED to be worn at all times by all riders, as per new executive order
- Upon arrival, go directly to restrooms to wash hands with soap for 30 seconds
- Use our Lysol spray and wipes to cleanse your equestrian riding helmet of choice
- Put on a brand new pair of disposable gloves for the trail ride, as well as put a Kleenex/Paper towel in your pocket for wiping noses while on the trail.
THANK YOU TO OUR EVENT PARTNERS