- This event has passed.
Earth Day Volunteer Tree Planting in Warrenton
April 22, 2021 @ 9:30 am - 3:00 pm
Join Friends of the Rappahannock, Piedmont Environmental Council, and John Marshall Soil & Water Conservation District for an Earth Day tree planting in the Warrenton area on Thursday, April 22! Volunteers will be needed from 9:30 am – 2:30 pm for planting 400 native tree seedlings (scalping, digging holes, planting, and pounding stakes). This is a family friendly event, and volunteers of all ages are welcome! Volunteers under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Planting native trees helps our environment and our community and can:
- Sequester carbon to improve air quality;
- Regulate temperatures in our urban environments;
- Increase property values in our neighborhoods;
- Catch and filter polluted stormwater before it enters our local streams;
- Stabilize soils and stream banks preventing erosion;
- Provide valuable forage and habitat for fish and wildlife.
All COVID guidelines shall be adhered to – volunteers must bring their own mask and observe social distancing.
PEC & FOR will provide all of the necessary tools for planting as well as snacks and extra water.
Volunteers should bring:
Sign up to attend:
There are both morning and afternoon time slots. Please click here to sign up using the PATH Volunteer Hub webpage for the event.
Questions? Contact Robin Cross at PEC by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
THANK YOU TO OUR EVENT PARTNERS