Basic Nature Photography Class
October 3 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm$16.00 – $20.00
Join Photographers October Greenfield (Headwaters River Steward) and Carleigh Starkston (Development Coordinator) for a lesson on Basic Nature Photography.
The event will be held at Jones Nature Preserve in Washington, VA where participants will receive a 30 minute lesson on basic skills necessary for amazing nature photography. After the lesson, participants will take a hour and half hike and have the opportunity to practice their photography skills on insects, native plants, and animals. After the hike, we will have a 30 minute discussion to talk through your photos and what you learned.
The minimum age for the event is 12 years old. No photography equipment will be provided.
At this event we will learn about photo composition and tricks as well as native plants, insects and animals. Meet at Jones Nature Preserve at 9:00 am for check-in.
Participants should bring:
- Comfortable Walking Shoes
- Bug Spray and/or Sunscreen
- Water bottle
- Phone with Camera
- (Optional) Digital Camera
- READY TO ADVENTURE ATTITUDE!
COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES
- Masks must be worn during check-in. Masks will also need to be worn anytime social distancing is not possible.
- Maintain a distance of 6 feet at all other times – during lesson, hike, and discussion.
- Please print and bring this waiver with you – or you may email it to October by 3 pm on October 2– so you don’t have to sign it during check-in.