- This event has passed.
2020 Conservation Lobby Day
January 28 @ 7:30 am - 1:00 pm
This is going to be a big year for conservation. We need your voice in January.
Ensure a strong conservation voice is heard during the legislative session. Join us on Tuesday, January 28th for this year’s Conservation Lobby Day.
Friends of the Rappahannock joins with Virginia Conservation Network’s 125+ environmental organizations to come together to ensure a strong conservation voice is heard during the legislative session. Volunteer advocates join professional staff to meet with state legislators and encourage them to support strong conservation policy.
In addition to lobbying our legislators, each Lobby Day we are joined by champion lawmakers to inspire and kick off our day over breakfast and a keynote speaker over lunch.
All levels of experience are welcome & encouraged to attend. In preparation for Conservation Lobby Day, VCN hosts an exclusive pre-event webinar to give you all the tools you need to be a successful conservation advocate – whether this is your first or 50th lobby day.
The webinar will cover the top environmental issues facing the General Assembly in 2019 including:
- Natural Resources Funding in the Budget
- Bold Action on Climate
- Protecting Waterways from Plastic Pollution and Toxics
- Transportation Funding
- Dominion Energy Accountability
- Creating Wildlife Corridors
- Preventing Offshore Drilling
- And more…
There is a lot at stake this year. Don’t miss out. Register today.
In addition to the program, registration includes coffee, light breakfast, and lunch at the event.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- Virginia Conservation Network will be hosting a webinar on Friday Jan 24th to prep for Conservation Lobby Day. Experts in the conservation field will brief participants on top line items in the 2020 Virginia General Assembly session. We encourage everyone who registers for Conservation Lobby Day to tune into this webinar live or receive a recording to watch on your own time to get up to speed on environmental bills and issues. Once you register, you’ll get additional details on the webinar.
- We encourage everyone to wear something green on Conservation Lobby Day, so that we can all identify each other in the General Assembly Building. Scarf, tie, sweater, pants — just a few ideas!
- Due to the renovations taking place in the General Assembly Building, legislator meetings will take place in the Pocahontas Building. This building is much smaller than the General Assembly Building; therefore, we expect more limited access than in past years. We ask that those who register for Conservation Lobby Day do so understanding that meetings may be tricky to navigate due to these circumstances out of Virginia Conservation Network’s control.